The Comfort Zone

IMG_3025

HeadWrap: Runway Boutique (IG: FashionFatima)

Shirt: Handcrafted Myself

Skirt: Vintage

On my 18th birthday, my father gave me a thick piece of metal that had a message engraved into it. The message said “What would you do, if you knew you couldn’t fail?”. At first, I thought the quote was very powerful, but once I started reading it to myself over and over again, I realized the depth of the quote. Imagine all the things you could accomplish by just trying. Often times we don’t push ourselves because we are simply afraid of a negative outcome. As individuals, we live in fear, the fear of what people might think about us, the fear of judgement, and the fear of ourselves. When we are constantly fearing, we begin to get comfortable. We get comfortable with the same morning routine of getting up, going to work (or class), and we end up just being complacent with ourselves. Sometimes its nice to get relaxed and comfortable, but the slow pace cannot remain for long. In the words of the Spice Girls “spice up your life”. Instead of waking up and stepping into a comfort zone, just stop and have a 2 minute self reflection with yourself. Ask yourself how today can be better than yesterday or the day before that. Never be afraid to fail because of the outsiders trying to get inside of you. Wear that violet shirt that has been sitting in your closet for months now, because it probably brings out the color in your eyes. Try a new hair style, hair cut, or even a new hair color. Start a new spiritual connection with yourself or wakeup early and go to the gym to start your day with movement. The least you can do for yourself is, when you wake up, look in the mirror and love what you see. When we stop living in fear, we begin to befriend ourselves, and when we begin to love ourselves we can be available to love the world that surrounds us.

Peace and Love,

IvyCoco

All Photos taken by : IG@TheFlowerPapi

IMG_3017IMG_3024IMG_3102-1

6 Comments

1. August 11, 2015 / 7:11 pm

I just stalked your blog! Haha! I Love you.

• August 11, 2015 / 7:13 pm

I stalk your every day… waiting for the tip of the day 🙂

2. August 31, 2015 / 12:58 am

Hey Mama!

I came across your blog from your Instagram and your post spoke to me deeply. I’ve been struggling with feeing myself, for the fear of everything you mentioned. I have never heard of that quote and I fell in love with the meaning. I have the biggest of aspirations and dreams, and I know I have to undergo a transformation of self love like no other to get where I want to be and can only imagine. Our God is great. Please pray for me to find his guidance and healing. Your are amazing. Thank you for this post!

• September 15, 2015 / 3:01 pm

Hey there beautiful,
      I am so glad to hear that what I say has an impact on you. It is a true blessing to know that someone like yourself is listening and reading. Always remember to love your and be honest with yourself. Yoou have more power than you can imagine. My prayers are with you on your journey of self love. xoxo

-Ivy Coco

3. Gerri Vedrene
    January 27, 2016 / 6:46 pm

I always loved your Instagram and new you had a blog and decided to put my fingers on the click that blog button (was being lazy lol) glad I did. …I’ve seen some beautiful blogs with amazing photography. ..but never have I seen writing liking yours for a blog. ..You write like the reader is ready to turn the page and keep reading. ..

I did start a blog in 2010 was frustrated in trying to get the website up. .but gave up. ..you inspire me to “dust myself off and try again” the words of Aaliyah.

You Ivy Coco are a beauty in and out 🙂

Gerri

• siteadmin
      February 13, 2016 / 8:30 am

Thank you so much! I am appreciate that with all my heart. That really means so much to me. It’s comments like that, that keep me moving forward. Thank You